The first International Symposium on the Properties of Water (ISOPOW) was organised in Glasgow in 1974. The 13th ISOPOW Meeting followed the tradition of ISOPOW Symposia in June 26th to 29th in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The Organisers of ISOPOW13 were delighted by seeing many new ISOPOW members and particularly young scientists from the food, pharmaceuticals and related areas to join the Symposium.
Thanks for all attendees because you have contributed to the great success of ISOPOW13 with the high quality of the presentations coming from both academic and private company scientists. The communication between participants was facilitated by the well adapted local organization: thanks again to Dr Laurent Forny from Nestlé for its implication.
Isopow continues to beneficiate of the expertise of the community who created or maintained these symposium series, and who are still ready to share their knowledge in food and pharmaceutical sciences, and to give their advice to junior scientists.
Active participation of all attendees, but particularly of Ph.D students was important and gives good perspectives for the future of ISOPOW community. Keep ISOPOW contact by sharing your expertise and making reference to the presented works.
All was possible due to our sponsors, their financial support was greatly appreciated and their brands are associated to ISOPOW13 success.
- Water binding, transport and function in soft material and biological systems
- Water binding, transport and function in powders and solids
- Water transport across phase boundaries
- Water in structure engineering
- Measuring techniques and modeling of water in complex structure
Find the pdf files of the available presentations HERE
- Laurent Forny, Nestlé Research Center
- Erich Windhab, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETHZ), Switzerland
- Yrjö H. Roos, University College Cork, Ireland
- Lilia Ahrné, University of Copenhagen, Dannemark
- Vincent Meunier, Nestlé Research Center
- Dominique Champion, Agrosup Dijon, Université de Bourgogne, France